- 1% for the planet
- Certified B Corporation
- Bamboo used is USDA certified organic
- Green America Approved Business
- USDA 100% Biobased certifications where warranted
- Founders/owners live in China where product is produced – ownership oversight of facilities
- Sustainability driven – end to end waste reduction measures
- Advocates of the plastic free movement
This cutlery is designed to be sturdy enough for most foods.
The utensils come in a thin cardboard box which is encased in a thin plastic sleeve.
At home you can hand wash these utensils and use them multiple times before discarding.
Utensils – manufacturer estimates decomposition time at 4-6 months. Similar to what happens in a natural environment, bamboo will completely decompose but the amount of time this takes is dependent on things like soil composition, temperature, and the size and density of the object, amongst others. Time frames can range from a few months to a few years. Breaking it down into smaller pieces can accelerate the process of decomposition and this is recommended before introducing it into an environment that’s suitable for composting.
Thin Plastic Sleeve – this material is typically not recyclable through city and residential recycling programs. For places that except plastic bags, you can ask if this is an acceptable item for this type of waste stream. If not, Terracycle has a program in place for these materials:
– 6.5 inches in length
– Sold as set of 24 utensils (8 spoons, 8 knives, 8 forks)