Product ingredients are compared to databases of unacceptable ingredients that have been established by industry leaders in safety.
Product Rating Requirements
Consumer products must retain a customer rating of 80% or higher (4/5). Those products that drop below this threshold will have a predetermined timeframe to improve before they are removed.
Products should meet the following criteria:
- No plastics
- The product, the packaging it is encased in and any shipping materials used are compostable, recyclable or naturally biodegradable.
- Customer rating of 80% or higher is retained
When the above criteria are not met, only those products most closely conforming to these standards will be selected for consideration. Use of the sustainability rating can and should further advance the demand for higher standards – the creation of more environmentally preferable products.
To ensure the highest of ethical standards, we focus intensely on sourcing products from purpose-driven companies. Companies must demonstrate excellence in at least 1 or more of the following areas:
- Sustainability-driven practices
- Volunteer initiatives
- Equitable wealth distribution (not so top heavy)
- Other socially responsible practices